The following courses have been taught throughout the world as both in-house and open courses. Courses offered by Wright Consulting Company may be customized to meet the needs of the intended audience. Courses vary in length and are described below. Contact us so we can discuss your company’s goals and meet your specific requirements:
Applied Oil and Gas Property Evaluation
Market Based Systems for Pricing Natural Gas
Tight Gas Reserves
Tight Oil Reserves Short Course
Related Industry Courses
Applied Oil and Gas Property Evaluation: This course, which can be taught in a 2- to 5-day format covers the basics of evaluating oil and gas properties from projecting production through the calculation of cash flows and managerial indicators. In the longer courses a number of hands-on problems are presented and a case study of an actual oil field is presented where teams of students must evaluate a property purchase and put their own money at risk in a sealed bid scenario.
Market Based Systems for Pricing Natural Gas: is an all-new, advanced short course focusing on the business concepts and technical how-to of trading and purchasing natural gas. Participants develop perspective on:
- Basics of buying and selling natural gas
- Difference between the regulation of spot and futures markets
- Overview of global gas supply
- Key issues impacting the marketing of natural gas
- Field trips that examine the gas trading infrastructure
- The role of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) in our nations energy portfolio
Risk Analysis: Handling uncertainty in a rational manner is often difficult in the upstream oil and gas industry. This course is designed to cover the theory and practical application of objective methods of handling uncertainty. It can also be taught in a 2- to 5-day format and can be combined with Applied Oil and Gas Property Evaluation to cover both certainty economics and economic calculations under conditions of uncertainty.
Tight Gas Reserves: Tight Gas Reservoirs is an introductory 5-day short course that examines the fundamental aspects of evaluating and producing tight gas reservoirs.
Technical subject matter includes:
- How tight gas differs from shale gas
- Geology and reservoir properties of tight gas reservoirs
- Completions techniques including hydraulic fracturing
- Reserves and economics associated with tight gas reservoirs
Through relevant field trips and hands-on instruction, participants will develop perspective on:
- The importance of tight gas reservoirs in North America and worldwide
- Anatomy of tight gas reservoirs
- How to effectively drill, complete, and produce tight gas wells to maximize the economics of plays.
Tight Oil Reservoirs Short Course: Tight Oil Reservoirs is a technical short course that covers the fundamental aspects of evaluating and producing tight oil reservoirs.
Technical subject matter includes:
- How tight oil differs from shale oil
- Geology and reservoir properties of tight oil reservoirs
- Drilling and completions techniques including hydraulic fracturing
- Reserves and economics associated with tight oil reservoirs
The class is designed to give an introduction to tight oil reservoirs and their importance to North America and the world. Through relevant field trips and hands-on instruction, participants will have an understanding of tight oil reservoirs as well as knowledge of how to effectively drill, complete, and produce these wells to maximize the economics of these plays.
Related Industry Courses:
- Principals of Hydraulic Fracturing
Additionally we have taught a number of courses covering natural gas, coal bed methane, Monte Carlo simulation, and numerous other topics. Please contact us for your specialized training needs.